I was running a training session this week on behalf of Shape in London and asked the group a simple question – why do they want to be inclusive?
I loved their answers and wanted to share them with you:
- because it makes working environments enriched for all
- because different people bring different qualities – and we need this diversity to really thrive
- to broaden our understanding of each other
- to give an equal voice to all (including the quiet voices)
- for the betterment of society as a whole
- to be more representative
- to ensure all have access to life fulfilment
- to ensure all have opportunities to make a contribution
- because it’s the moral right of every person to be included.
Can’t really say more than that, can you? So in the words of that guy from Star Trek – Make It So.
Photo by me and remember if you have enjoyed this and want to read more, you can subscribe to Jo Verrent’s blog by email.